Wednesday, October 13, 2010

american muscle

I have a 1967 Mecury Cougar that I've been restoring for a while. It started as a father son project. It was the first year a Cougar was made and I like that body style the best. Although I love working on my car, I just want it to be finished. I hate the fact that I have had the car close to 4 years and never drove it. It sucks for me to see my friends driving their badass cars and I have nothing. The major thing that is holding me up now is body work and paint. An estimate for both came to $5,000. That is a lot of money for me and my family. My father was also a driving force behind the project, but he recently has had a couple eye surgeries to save his vision and me whining about my car not being done seems petty at best. Since my fathers inability to work with me on the car, it has come to a stand still. But there is still hope. My brother just gave me his old junky honda that needed a transmission, so I put a transmission in it and am currently trying to sell it. Once i sell the honda I will buy and sell until I get enough money to finish my girl. It will get done sooner or later and when its done, it will be sexy as hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment