Friday, October 1, 2010

Tribute to Women

Upon walking into my room, women here (BSU) usually are immediately offended. This has happened time and again because of the select posters I have chose to sport on the walls around the room. I have three posters that are the subject of this scrutiny. One has a pair of topless women kissing. Vulgar? I think not. Sisterly love is what it is. In the other, a man sits on the bed, as two women crawl toward him, the caption reads,"Teamwork: sometimes you have to take two for the team." Crude humor, I can almost understand the argument against this one. The third is a group of 22 or so (who's counting) women all tastefully topless and smiling. Now upon seeing these works of art, women call me a player or a dog or other descriptive terms i'd care not to share. What all this is, is a tribute. My entire room is a tribute to women. Did the Roman's make their sculptures of the human body clothed? I think not my friends. Nearing the end of this blog, I realize this is just mindless dribble. I know that the posters are offensive. I know that women dont like them. I know that i probably am most of the nouns they tag me with. But are the posters coming down? Bahaha I think not!





No comments:

Post a Comment